I add bacon or ground beef to my mac and cheese para di nakakaumay.
Kraft Chiz Wiz - Big Bottle (for those in the US, you may use, Campbells Cheese Soup/Sauce in can- 2 cans)
3-4 cups Fresh Milk (approximation)
5 strips of Bacon - small diced OR 1/4 kilo ground beef
diced onion and garlic
1 tbsp flour
2 tbsp butter
Grated Parmesan and cheddar cheese
Elbow Macaroni noodles
1. Boil the macaroni noodles til al dente then set aside.
2. Saute onions and garlic in oil and butter then add your bacon.
(if you chose to use ground beef, brown the beef and set aside, put in a bowl, leave the oil/butter in pan)
3. Add the flour. This will turn into roux, base for your bechamel sauce.
4. Add the milk little by little, stirring until there are no lumps. Add milk until you get the consistency you want (not too thick, not too thin). This is your Bechamel Sauce.
5. Add the Chiz Wiz, whole bottle or 2 cans of Campbells Cheese soup/sauce.
6. Taste first so you will know how much grated cheese and parmesan cheese to add (a lot of these two will make it salty so be careful).
7. Pour the macaroni noodles into the sauce and mix well until all noodles are coated with sauce.
Monday, May 3, 2010
Another recipe from Kay over at Kay's Kitchen