Around 3 big potatoes cut into cubes
1/4 kilo Bacon chopped
1 whole onion chopped
2 stems celery chopped
3 tbsp butter
2 tbsp flour
2-3 cups chicken stock
1 cup grated cheese
1/2 cup cream
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp white wine for deglazing (optional)
1. Saute the onion and celery in butter (and little oil for the butter not to burn easily).
2. Add the bacon then the potatoes.
3. When the potatoes are almost tender, deglaze with white wine if you have/want else add your flour and mix. Your mixture will look like "paste" or buo-buo, this is called roux (mixing flour with butter).
4. Add chicken stock, 1 ladle at a time and stir the mixture until no lumps before adding more stock.
5. When you get the consistency that you want for your chowder that is the time you stop adding stock. Since it is a chowder so it shouldnt be too thin nor too thick.
6. Add your cream and grated cheese and stir.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy! Tell me if you were able to make this, would love to know your stories. :)
Monday, May 3, 2010
I'm so loving all these recipes from Kay at Kay's Kitchen