Monday, June 28, 2010

Broccoli and Cheese Soup

Another yummy recipe from "Yummy".

Broccoli and Cheese Soup
Be sure to use oven proof soup bowls as you will need to melt the cheese topping either in a microwave, oven toaster or conventional oven.
Serves 8-10
Prep time 10 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes


3T butter
2T minced onion
2C fresh broccoli (with stems)
4 cloves garlic
1t dried oregano
4C chicken broth
1C grated Cheddar cheese
1/2C milk
1C cream
grated mozzarella cheese
  1. In a pot, heat the butter then sauté onions and broccoli until onions are translucent.
  2. Add garlic and oregano and sauté for a minute.
  3. Pour in chicken broth and simmer, uncovered, until broccoli is tender. Cool.
  4. Transfer mixture to a blender and add Cheddar Cheese. Process until smooth.
  5. Return the soup to the pan and add milk and cream. Stir for 2 minutes over low heat.
  6. Pour soup into bowls then top generously with mozzarella cheese.
  7. Microwave or broil until the cheese is melted.
  8. Serve piping hot.
Yummm, I just looove cheese and my little missy loves Broccoli. This is just perfect for us!
Wanna try it too?

10 comments:

Shopper Gal said...

That soup sounds sooo good!! Hi, I'm your newest follower from Admirer Monday! I hope you can hop on over to my blog and follow me back. Have a great day!

Shopper Gal
http://www.shoppergal.com/

Paula said...

I can't wait to make this! I'm visiting from Mailbox Monday. I signed up to be a new email subscriber.

http://www.onemomscorneroftheworld.com

even-star said...

not a big brocolli fan but this does sound yummy! new follower from FMBT

Aleksandra Nearing said...

That sounds good! I love recipes! I'm following you from Follow Me Back Tuesday! I host reviews/giveaways and blog about life/recipes/family/gardening on my blog at:

www.busyworkingmama.com

And EEKKK...I see you have a button to the same blog design as I have. I've been thinking of a re-design but old habits die hard. Oh well :) Hope you have a wonderful week!

lanni @ dandygiveaway.blogspot.com said...

hi -- great blog! following you from the bloghop:)

www.dandygiveaway.com

Ai Mei said...

Hi! I'm a new follower via Google Friend Connect. Found you through some random Blog Hop :)

Ai Mei-
http://StudentSavingBucks.blogspot.com

Kimberly Walker said...

Sounds yummy! I am now following your blog!
All the best,
Kim

Simply Stacie said...

You have been selected as the Fun Friday Follower of the week and will be in the #3 spot on tomorrow's blog hop!

Leenburke said...

Mmmm sounds delish! I'm following you from Fun Friday Follow :-)

leenilee.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Mmmmmmm...sounds delicious! I'm your newest follower from Fun Friday Follow! Hope you get a chance to check out my blog!

Andrea
http://365daysoflifebehindthelens.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment