Broccoli and Cheese Soup
Be sure to use oven proof soup bowls as you will need to melt the cheese topping either in a microwave, oven toaster or conventional oven.
Prep time 10 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
2T minced onion
2C fresh broccoli (with stems)
4 cloves garlic
1t dried oregano
4C chicken broth
1C grated Cheddar cheese
grated mozzarella cheese
- In a pot, heat the butter then sauté onions and broccoli until onions are translucent.
- Add garlic and oregano and sauté for a minute.
- Pour in chicken broth and simmer, uncovered, until broccoli is tender. Cool.
- Transfer mixture to a blender and add Cheddar Cheese. Process until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pan and add milk and cream. Stir for 2 minutes over low heat.
- Pour soup into bowls then top generously with mozzarella cheese.
- Microwave or broil until the cheese is melted.
- Serve piping hot.
Wanna try it too?